Foundation has been working to make women empowered for the past decade by way of various initiatives which mainly consist the following:
- Foundation provides training through training centres to women living in villages & simultaneously provides them with sewing and knitting machines which help them to earn & become self dependent.
- Foundation is also promoting various Mahila Mandals by providing them with financial assistance from time to time.
- Foundation provides wool to the Mahila Mandals and knitting of sweaters is done by the women in their free time for which the foundation gives them remuneration. The sweaters are distributed to poor people before starting of winter season.
- Foundation also provides the Mahila Mandals with wool to make shawls & purchase the finished products from them.
- Mahila Mandals have been associated in the cultivation of sandalwood. Foundation distributed sandalwood plants on very nominal rates & a large number of women have joined the initiative of the foundation to plant 1 lakh sandalwood plants. This plantation will help to improve their financial condition in the long run.
- Education is the birth right of every individual & the foundation is also working in this field. Girls from different areas are being provided quality education in its educational unit “Himalayan Centre for Human Resource Development”.