Academic and technical education is being promoted under the banner of “Himalayan Centre for Human Resource Development”
- The Foundation has been providing financial assistance to economically weaker students under the “Sai Scholarship Scheme”. This is one of the most popular and consistent initiatives of the Foundation. The recommendations to award the scholarships are made by the respective school Principals, Headmasters and Director of education department or by any other concerned authority. More than 7000 students have benefitted from the initiative so far. As the financial resources of the Foundation gather more resilience, it will continuously endeavour to enlarge the net of these scholarships enabling poor meritorious students to pursue their education.
- Foundation was initially involved in preparing students for professional courses like engineering and medical etc. apart from providing coaching for AMIE examination.
- Presently the Foundation is running a private ITI at Dharampur, where no fee is being charged. Students are being trained in the trade of Surveyor, Draughtsman (Civil), Computer Operator & Programming Assistant (COPA) and Electrician. The trainees get opportunities of employment in public, private sector apart from generation of self employment opportunities.
- Foundation is running a fully residential school equipped with all the modern facilities in the name of one of its founder member “DR. VIJAY MEMORIAL SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL” situated at Dharampur, District Mandi, Himachal Pradesh. The school is equipped with “state of art” infrastructure, modern IT and science laboratories, fully furnished hostel, smart classes etc. The children or their families are not required to contribute to any expenses.
- Meritorious students from all across the state are selected through a written examination from those families who are financially weak and cannot afford quality education.
- Besides Sai Scholarship Scheme, Foundation is also giving stipend and training allowance to the students.
- It also provides in-house training to engineers, management trainees and organises skill up-gradation programmes to youth.